Physical VS Digital Anti-Counterfeiting Technique
Physical anti-counterfeiting also known as Traditional Anti-Counterfeiting relies on physical identification that is difficult to duplicate and eventually prevents counterfeiting. the purpose of physical anti-counterfeiting is to cooperate with anti-counterfeiting action, which requires professional personnel or a special device to identify counterfeit. Hence, it is impossible for enterprises to prevent counterfeits simply by physical anti-counterfeiting techniques only. Also, the physical anti-counterfeiting technique plays a very important role. In the case of consumer complaints or disputes caused by fakes, companies can prove themselves innocent and avoid causing doubts about original products.
Several common Physical Anti-Counterfeiting Techniques in the market:
Pros: The cost of the printing is rather low, eye-catching design makes a good impression among consumers.
Cons: This printing technique is no longer a secret in the market, duplication is no longer a barrier for counterfeiters. Now it performs more like a luxury design.
Pros: Some special inks and designated for a special purpose only, such as money notes. The supplier of specific special ink is supplied only to a country’s money notes printing purpose. Absolutely no other supply in the market or forbidden in the market. The ratio of ingredients is kept secret to create specific colour-changing effects.
Cons: However, colour changing ink has tons of suppliers in the market. We may simply look for colour changing ink suppliers online and search available suppliers all over the world easily. Some consumers are not able to distinguish the different colour changes, especially the elders.
Embossing or Debossing Printing Technique
SOURCE: Printing For Less
Pros: The technique of embossing or debossing printing requires special equipment to press the symbols and it is very time-consuming compared to normal printing. This technique requires pressed mould with special equipment to create a special printing effect. The high cost of printing creates a barrier for counterfeiters to attempt to duplicate this technique.
Cons: Counterfeiters are willing to spend and invest in this technique when it comes to high-value products. Or it can be replaced by inferior embossing or debossing technique, the effect of embossing or debossing may not create a perfect symbol and some consumers may not be able to distinguish it well.
SOURCE: GTIN INFO
• The cost of printing each code is relatively low compared to printing a physical anti-counterfeiting.
• Consumers are able to participate to resist counterfeit goods, rather than relying solely on the company itself to fight against counterfeiting.
• The identification method is simple and fast.
• Unique code or one-and-only-code brings the system to be reliable, counterfeiters are not able to duplicate the whole batch of codes.
• Able to perform as marketing tools, collecting data, and provide interaction between the company and consumers.
• Making a fake inquiry platform is not so difficult, counterfeiters can create a similar website or phone numbers, and some consumers are unable to remember the real official website URL and phone numbers.
• Checking rate for authenticity is rather low, which allows counterfeiters to obtain genuine codes after purchasing one of the genuine products, and simply duplicates into hundreds or thousands of copies.
Digital Anti-Counterfeiting techniques have become a trend in today’s market, scan-to-check-authenticity has become a very common technique now. Consumers are easily adapting to this technique as most people own a smartphone that helps them to perform the scan code matters.
NuTrack offers you an Integrated Anti-Counterfeiting Solutions that combine both Physical & Digital Anti-Counterfeiting Techniques. Special and privileged physical anti-counterfeiting technique - Microporous Membrane can be applied to your solution for nearly-impossible-of-imitation purpose and easy-checking-without-any-special-devices by consumers. Digital Codes will be applied together with our physical anti-counterfeiting techniques to ensure the codes are genuine to scan. Contact Us now for anti-counterfeiting solutions with a very affordable price.